Welcome, Earthlings!

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

My Biggest Fear | A Poem

As a girl bounded by
the age of playing around
and the age of taking everything seriously,
I became too observant.

Too many why's;
too many how's;
all these things I found,
and gradually made me a servant.

Some people say,
"If they want to leave,
the door will always be open."
But can I be different?

Can I close my door?
Must I throw the keys,
that will lock everyone in?
Can I escape this inevitable pain?

Is it that hard to get this wish?
That I and my memories will live,
longer than this lifetime and
in the same souls that I made them with?

This truth always frightens me;
Gradually, consumes me to death.
One of those hurtful realities
that you would trade for a dream, instead.

What do human always say?
that "people come and go", and "that's life"?
How can they utter such words easily?
Without dying while they are alive.

Is it scary that all these souls and things
that you are cherishing at this very moment,
will slowly turn into pictures and sounds
that your head will play over and over again.

Is that what this life really meant?
I know every earthly thing is transient,
but can you add the hurt with them?
So that you will feel no pain?

Unfortunately, everyone can't.


[not yet finished...]
[Made a blog about this; if you want to read it, click here]

No comments:

Post a Comment